Awards applicants must be members of the American Heart Association (AHA) sponsoring scientific council at the time of application. If you need to become an AHA Professional Member, you should do so one week prior to the application submission deadline for your member account to be processed in time for the application submission deadline. Learn more about AHA Professional Membership.
How to Apply or Make a Nomination
Please see the individual award information pages below for specific documents required when submitting an application or nomination file. Awards requiring an abstract must be submitted to an AHA Scientific Meeting before the online submission site abstract deadline. Your abstract control number will be needed on the award application form.
A username and password previously set up through online registration at Professional Heart Daily (PHD) will be necessary to access the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
An active AHA Professional Membership is required of all award applicants. If you are joining the AHA to apply, please wait for your AHA member number to arrive from AHA Member Services via e-mail before creating an online profile and starting your application file. We suggest that new members join the AHA no later than one week prior to the application submission deadline for the member ID number to be processed and delivered in time for the application deadline. The membership number will be required on the award application form.
- Click the link for the Council Awards Application System.
- Sign in with your Professional Heart Daily username and password.
- Follow these instructions to set up your profile in ProposalCentral. Setting up your ProposalCentral profile will only need to be done the first time you login to apply for an American Heart Association Council Awards. Please note that the grant maker named American Heart Association is for AHA Research Awards and is a separate log in.
For more detailed information on ProposalCentral, also included are additional materials on specific ProposalCentral functionality.
View Current Council Named Lecturers
Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology
- Russell Ross Memorial Lectureship in Vascular Biology
- George Lyman Duff Memorial Lecture
- Sol Sherry Distinguished Lecture in Thrombosis
Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences
- George E. Brown Memorial Lecture
- Thomas Smith Memorial Lecture
- Kenneth D. Bloch Memorial Lecture Vascular Biology
Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation
Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia
Council on Lifelong Congenital Heart Disease and Heart Health in the Young
- William J. Rashkind Memorial Lecture
- Helen B. Taussig Memorial Lecture
- T. Duckett Jones Memorial Lecture
- Alexander S. Nadas Lecture
Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing
- Katharine A. Lembright Award and Lecture
- Kathleen A. Dracup Distinguished Lecture and Exemplary Career in Mentoring Award
Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention
Council on Clinical Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology Laennec Clinician/Educator Lecture
- James B. Herrick Award for Outstanding Achievement in Clinical Cardiology
Council on Epidemiology and Prevention
- Ancel Keys Memorial Lecture
- William B. Kannel, MD, Memorial Lectureship Fund in Preventive Cardiology
- GPM and EPI Mid Career Research Award and Lecture
Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine
Council on Hypertension
Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health
Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses