Endorsements by the American Heart Association
The following documents were developed by other organizations. They were reviewed and endorsed by the Science Advisory and Coordinating Committee, in most cases at the request of the sponsoring organization. Although there is agreement with the general concepts of these documents and confidence in the methodology used by the organization responsible for its development, the AHA may not agree with every identified statement and/or specific wording. These documents were not published by the AHA and are not considered official AHA policy.
- September 9, 2020 – Society of Interventional Radiology Clinical Practice Guideline for Inferior Vena Cava Filters in the Treatment of Patients with Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- April 29, 2020 – AAN Practice advisory update summary: Patent foramen ovale and secondary stroke prevention
- May 19, 2019 – SCAI Clinical Expert Consensus Statement on the Classification of Cardiogenic Shock
- May 10, 2019 – HRS/EHRA/APHRS/LAHRS Expert Consensus Statement on Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Arrhythmias
- HRS Expert Consensus Statement on Remote Interrogation and Monitoring
- Evidence-Based Guidelines for the Management of Large Hemispheric Infarction (PDF)
- 2014 PACES/HRS Expert Consensus Statement on the Recognition and Management of Arrhythmias in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- HRS/ACCF Expert Consensus Statement on Pacemaker Device and Mode Selection
- 2012 ACCF/AATS/SCAI/STS Expert Consensus Document on Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- 2012 HRS/EHRA/ECAS Expert Consensus Statement on Catheter and Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
- 2012 PACES/HRS Expert Consensus Statement on the Management of the Asymptomatic Young Patient with a Wolff-Parkinson-White Electrocardiographic Pattern
- Developing an Action Plan for Patient Radiation Safety in Adult Cardiovascular Medicine (Duke University Clinical Research Institute/American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Think Tank)
- HRS Expert Consensus Statement on the Management of Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices (CIEDs) in patients nearing end of life or requesting withdrawal of therapy
- Heart Rhythm Society Expert Consensus Statement on Transvenous Lead Extraction: Facilities, Training, Indications and Patient Management
- EHRA/HRS Expert Consensus on Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Arrhythmias
The AHA Clinical Series
AHA members get a 25 percent discount when purchasing books in the AHA Clinical Series.
Readers are referred to the Methodology Manual for ACC/AHA Guideline Writing Committees for more information specific to ACC/AHA practice guideline development.