Successful Post-Discharge of Heart Failure
Alexandre Mebazaa | University de Paris, Paris, France
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03412201
- AHA News Release: Maximizing heart failure meds within 2 weeks reduced risk of hospital readmission, death
Comparative Effectiveness of Torsemide versus Furosemide in Heart Failure: Primary Results of the TRANSFORM-HF Trial
Robert J Mentz | Duke University Hospital, Durham, North Carolina
- TRANSFORM-HF trial data summary slide (PPTX)
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03296813
- AHA Press Release: TRANSFORM-HF trial found no difference in effectiveness between 2 common loop diuretics
- Short Video: TRANSFORM-HF Results in under 2 minutes
First-in-Human in vivo CRISPR/Cas9 Editing of the TTR Gene by NTLA-2001 in Patients With Transthyretin Amyloidosis With Cardiomyopathy
Julian D Gillmore | University College of London, London, United Kingdom
- CRISPR-ATTR trial data summary (PPTX)
- AHA Press Release: Novel gene-editing therapy shows promise for patients with transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT04601051
- Original article: NEJM, 2021(link opens in new window)
Chlorthalidone Compared to Hydrochlorothiazide for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Hypertension
Areef Ishani | Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- DCP trial data summary slide (PPTX)
- Clinical Trials ID: NCT02185417
- AHA Press Release: No difference in heart outcomes found in use of two diuretics to treat blood pressure
Empagliflozin and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease: The EMPA-KIDNEY Trial
David Preiss | University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
A Randomized Trial of Intravenous Ferric Derisomaltose in Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction
Paul R Kalra | Portsmouth Hospital, University NHS Trust, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- IRONMAN Study Data Slide (PPTX)
- Simultaneously Published in The Lancet (new window)(link opens in new window)
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT02642562
- IRONMAN official website (new window)(link opens in new window)
- AHA Press Release: Intravenous iron improved long-term outcomes for people with heart failure and iron deficiency
A Randomized Trial of Pemafibrate for Triglyceride Reduction in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Aruna D Pradhan, Brigham and Women's Hospital | Boston, Massachusetts
- PROMINENT Study Data Summary (PPTX)
- PROMINENT: Published in NEJM(link opens in new window)
- Editorial in NEJM
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03071692
- AHA Press Release: New medicine reduces triglyceride by 25%, no change in CVD risk in people with Type 2 diabetes
Mark your calendars now to experience the premier global event focusing on improving health by championing scientific discovery and practice-changing educational content. We can't wait to see you November 2023!
The CLCD Council supports AHA objectives in clinical cardiology, promotes excellent clinical care, and fosters professional development and education for clinical cardiologists. Through council-sponsored symposia, panels, and scientific conferences, members can access and interpret new developments in the field and promote clinical cardiology to professional and lay audiences.
The CVSN Council accelerates the discovery, interpretation, and application of science to enhance cardiovascular health and treat cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The council helps develop scientific statements and advisories, guide professional education activities, provide scientific expertise, conduct research, translate findings, and promote evidence-based practices in clinical settings.
Victoria Delgado interviews investigator Marko Banovic about the results of the AVATAR trial, which he presented during Scientific Sessions 2021.
Norrina Allen, PhD, MPH, FAHA interviews Jiang He, MD, PhD, investigator for the Chinese Rural Hypertension Control Project, about the results of the study, which he presented during #AHA21.
Gregory M. Marcus, MD, MAS explains the methodology and results of the CRAVE trial, designed to assess the acute affects of coffee consumption in ambulatory patients.
Mina Chung, MD, FHRS discusses the results of the aMAZE trial with principal investigator David J. Wilber, MD, FAHA, FACC, FHRS. The trial examined percutaneous alternatives to the MAZE procedure for persistent AF.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses