Prevention Health and Wellness
Mark your calendars now to experience the premier global event focusing on improving health by championing scientific discovery and practice-changing educational content. We can't wait to see you November 2023!
The EPI Council focuses on population-based approaches to preventing cardiovascular diseases. The council’s mission is to lead the discovery and translation of science related to the distribution and determinants of cardiovascular disease with an emphasis on population approaches to prevent cardiovascular disease and improve cardiovascular health.
The Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health promotes the expansion and exchange of knowledge with the ultimate goal of improving cardiovascular health across the lifespan. The council nurtures basic, clinical, epidemiological, and translational science related to nutrition, lipids, obesity, diabetes, physical activity, and behavioral change.
The QCOR Council provides a forum for a multidisciplinary group of volunteers committed to making a substantial contribution to reducing the burden of heart disease and stroke through improving healthcare quality and patient outcomes. Members gain insight on how to provide effective, safe, timely, equitable, efficient, and patient-centered care.
A Randomized Trial of Pemafibrate for Triglyceride Reduction in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Aruna D Pradhan, Brigham and Women's Hospital | Boston, Massachusetts
- PROMINENT Study Data Summary (PPTX)
- PROMINENT: Published in NEJM(link opens in new window)
- Editorial in NEJM
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03071692
- AHA Press Release: New medicine reduces triglyceride by 25%, no change in CVD risk in people with Type 2 diabetes
The Effect of Adapted Mindfulness Training in Participants With Elevated Office Blood Pressure: The Mindfulness-Based Blood Pressure Reduction (MB-BP) Randomized Clinical Trial
Eric B. Loucks | Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03859076
- AHA Press Release: Mindfulness shows promise as an effective intervention to lower blood pressure
- Short Video: MB-BP Results in under 3 minutes
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses