This conference strives to improve basic cardiovascular regulation through new therapies and insights in cardiovascular disease, as well as research in fields like microRNAs, cardiac gene and cell therapy, cardiac development, as well as tissue engineering and iPS cells.
BCVS 2020 available OnDemand™
Our 2020 virtual meeting was a great success! Now, all registered attendees have access to watch any virtual session at any time for 90 days (until October 30th, 2020).
Watch when you want!
Did you miss a concurrent session that you really wanted to see? Are you interested in the 25 hours of CME/CE accreditation available? Want to watch a session again? No problem!
If you already registered for BCVS 2020, just enter the sessions by clicking here: Watch OnDemand Sessions. (We recommend bookmarking this link.) To access BCVS ePosters, recorded moderated poster sessions, exhibits and more, visit our Heart Hub. The content on the Heart Hub will stay open-access.
What if I didn't register during or before BCVS 2020?
If you didn't attend BCVS 2020 while it was happening but would like to see the sessions now, Purchase Access to buy OnDemand™. The cost is $99 for AHA Members, and $199 for Non-members. You'll be able to access the sessions for up to two years (July 2022). BCVS OnDemand contains nearly 30 hours of meeting content, 80 presentations and 25 hours of CME/CE.
Program and Agenda
- BCVS 2020 Final Program (PDF) – PDF download of the day-to-day schedule.
- BCVS 2020 Online Program Planner – Abstracts can be found on individual presentations. Last-minute changes will be reflected here.
- BCVS 2020 Heart Hub – Your portal for a live schedule, ePosters, CME/CE, AHA Journal and Early Career activities, and more.
More Helpful Links
- Science News – Video interviews with invited presenters, plus more standout conference science.
- Chat Discussions: Did you miss any questions or discussion during a session or presentation's live Q&A? Check:
Why You Should Attend
The BCVS Scientific Sessions convenes basic and translational cardiovascular scientists from around the world with the common goal to discover pathways to cardiovascular therapeutics and promoting cardiovascular health. This meeting has become the “go to” meeting for intra- and interdisciplinary cross-fertilization of ideas and incorporation of new approaches from the general scientific community and plays a pivotal role in the training of junior scientists and trainees.
The program will be of special interest to basic cardiovascular scientists, molecular/ cellular biologists, physiologists, translational investigators, clinical trialists, practicing cardiologists, cardiovascular nurses and pharmacists. In addition, the symposium will be of great value to scientists and executives of pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology firms who are in the cardiovascular space.
CME/CE and Evaluations
Live Meeting Evaluations and CME
You will need to claim credit commensurate with the hours of accredited content viewed over the four days. CME credit is claimed in our Lifelong Learning Center. You may claim credit starting on Friday, July 31, 2020. A message will be sent to each participant alerting them of their ability to claim credit. Follow the steps below to claim credit:
- Access https://learn.heart.org.
- Click Your Activities in Progress.
- If you are not already signed in, enter your Username and Password, and click Sign In.
- If you do not remember your Username or Password, click the Forgot Password? link.
- If you are unable to sign in contact Customer Service at 1-888-242-2453.
- Select the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2020 Scientific Sessions Virtual Event activity.
- Review the Activity Overview, scroll to bottom and click Continue.
- View the contents of Activity Materials as needed and click Continue.
- Complete an evaluation of the conference. This step is required to claim credit. Once complete, click Submit, and Continue.
- Claim your credit by clicking the Claim button for the appropriate accreditation.
- ACCME allows claiming of variable credit. You will be given the option to claim all or part of the activity credit if applicable to your user profile. Select the credit amount, commensurate with your participation, prior to clicking the Claim button.
- Click Continue to generate your certificate.
- Move your cursor into the preview window to display links to print or save the certificate.
- Click Finish. The activity is stored under Transcript.
You are strongly encouraged to claim your CME/CE credit within 30 days of the conference. CME/CE credit expires:
- ACCME – 6 months after the event date
Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2020 Scientific Sessions Virtual Event; July 27–30, 2020; (Internet Live Activity)
Joint Accreditation Statements:
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the American Heart Association. The American Heart Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement - Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 20.00 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. Credit will no longer be available to claim after January 30, 2021.
All persons who develop and/or control educational content in CME/CE activities provided by the American Heart Association will disclose to the audience all financial relationships with any commercial supporters of this activity as well as with other commercial interests whose lines of business are related to the CME/CE-certified content of this activity. In addition, presenters will disclose unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in course presentation materials.
|January 8, 2020||Abstract and Awards submissions OPEN|
|March 4, 2020||Registration opens|
|April 8, 2020||Abstract and Awards submissions CLOSED|
|July 27-30, 2020||BCVS 2020 Scientific Sessions – Virtual Event|
Faculty Disclosure Statement
Contact: Convention Data Services (CDS)
Phone: (866) 639-7214 or (508) 743-8528
Fax: (508) 743-9680
Contact: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Phone: (800) 787-8984 or (301) 223-2307
Fax: (301) 223-2355