Dyslipidemia and Treatments
New research expands knowledge of lipid disorders.
The ATVB Council focuses on arteriosclerosis, thrombosis and vascular biology. The council advances research, addresses prevention, improves diagnosis and treatment, and works actively with other organizations. It shares reliable information through its annual conference, awards and lectures, and in the AHA’s journal, Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology.
The Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health promotes the expansion and exchange of knowledge with the ultimate goal of improving cardiovascular health across the lifespan. The council nurtures basic, clinical, epidemiological, and translational science related to nutrition, lipids, obesity, diabetes, physical activity, and behavioral change.
The CLCD Council supports AHA objectives in clinical cardiology, promotes excellent clinical care, and fosters professional development and education for clinical cardiologists. Through council-sponsored symposia, panels, and scientific conferences, members can access and interpret new developments in the field and promote clinical cardiology to professional and lay audiences.
A Randomized Trial of Pemafibrate for Triglyceride Reduction in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Aruna D Pradhan, Brigham and Women's Hospital | Boston, Massachusetts
- PROMINENT Study Data Summary (PPTX)
- PROMINENT: Published in NEJM(link opens in new window)
- Editorial in NEJM
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03071692
- AHA Press Release: New medicine reduces triglyceride by 25%, no change in CVD risk in people with Type 2 diabetes
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses