Experience a spectrum of procedures to repair heart problems.
Mark your calendars now to experience the premier global event focusing on improving health by championing scientific discovery and practice-changing educational content. We can't wait to see you November 2023!
The CVRI Council’s mission is to provide leadership to the AHA to reduce death and disability from cardiovascular, peripheral vascular, and cerebrovascular diseases, using diagnostic and functional imaging and imaging-directed interventions. Council members work to provide outstanding research, education, outreach, and mentorship opportunities.
The CLCD Council supports AHA objectives in clinical cardiology, promotes excellent clinical care, and fosters professional development and education for clinical cardiologists. Through council-sponsored symposia, panels, and scientific conferences, members can access and interpret new developments in the field and promote clinical cardiology to professional and lay audiences.
The CVSN Council accelerates the discovery, interpretation, and application of science to enhance cardiovascular health and treat cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The council helps develop scientific statements and advisories, guide professional education activities, provide scientific expertise, conduct research, translate findings, and promote evidence-based practices in clinical settings.
Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in the Therapy of Cardiogenic Shock: Primary Results From the Multicenter, Randomized ECMO-CS Trial
Petr Ostadal, Na Homolce Hosp, Prague, Czech Republic
- ECMO-CS trial data summary slide (PPTX)
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT02301819
- AHA Press release: Early use of ECMO devices did not improve outcomes in people with cardiogenic shock
Best Endovascular versus Best Surgical Therapy for Patients With Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia (BEST-CLI) Trial: Clinical Results
Alik Farber | Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- BEST-CLI trial summary (PPTX)
- Farber Abstract
- Published in NEJM
- AHA News Release: Surgery is best to prevent amputations in certain people with poor leg circulation
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT02060630
Best Endovascular versus Best Surgical Therapy for Patients With Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia (BEST-CLI) Trial: Quality of Life Analyses
Matthew T Menard | Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Menard's Abstract
- BEST-CLI Official website (new window)(link opens in new window)
- AHA News Release: Restored blood flow meant less pain, better quality of life for those with leg artery disease
Effect of Radiofrequency Renal Denervation on Blood Pressure in the Presence of Antihypertensive Drugs: 6-Month Primary Results From the SPYRAL HTN-ON Med Expansion Randomized Trial
David E Kandzari | Piedmont Heart Institute, Atlanta, GA
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses