Cardiometabolic Health and Diabetes
Leverage the latest science on diabetes, prediabetes and insulin resistance.
The CVSN Council accelerates the discovery, interpretation, and application of science to enhance cardiovascular health and treat cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The council helps develop scientific statements and advisories, guide professional education activities, provide scientific expertise, conduct research, translate findings, and promote evidence-based practices in clinical settings.
The Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health promotes the expansion and exchange of knowledge with the ultimate goal of improving cardiovascular health across the lifespan. The council nurtures basic, clinical, epidemiological, and translational science related to nutrition, lipids, obesity, diabetes, physical activity, and behavioral change.
A Randomized Trial of Pemafibrate for Triglyceride Reduction in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Aruna D Pradhan, Brigham and Women's Hospital | Boston, Massachusetts
- PROMINENT Study Data Summary (PPTX)
- PROMINENT: Published in NEJM(link opens in new window)
- Editorial in NEJM
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03071692
- AHA Press Release: New medicine reduces triglyceride by 25%, no change in CVD risk in people with Type 2 diabetes
The Effect of Adapted Mindfulness Training in Participants With Elevated Office Blood Pressure: The Mindfulness-Based Blood Pressure Reduction (MB-BP) Randomized Clinical Trial
Eric B. Loucks | Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03859076
- AHA Press Release: Mindfulness shows promise as an effective intervention to lower blood pressure
- Short Video: MB-BP Results in under 3 minutes
Empagliflozin and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease: The EMPA-KIDNEY Trial
David Preiss | University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses