The Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program is designed to advance the basic, clinical, population, and translational practice of healthcare clinicians who are dedicated to building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease and stroke, by promoting the highest evidence-based guidelines and standards to ensure excellence in all areas of care and practice improvement.
Participants are responsible for their own self-assessment activities, continuing medical education credits, and practice improvement plans. A variety of learning tools will be available to help each participant best address their perceived needs, expand their expertise, and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of their practice.
The MOC Program reflects the American Heart Association | American Stroke Association’s commitment to providing lifelong learning for every stage of one’s career.
- Part I: Verification of Licensure and Professional Standing
- Part II: Self-evaluation of Medical Knowledge
- Part III: Cognitive Expertise and Secure Examination
- Part IV: Self-evaluation of Practice Performance
Featured Education with MOC Available
- Comprehensive Guide on Hypertension
- Novel Concepts, Current Debate and Treatment Considerations in Cardio-Oncology
- Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes eBook: An Enhanced Overview of the AHA/ACC 2014 Guidelines
- Addressing Health Disparities
- Target: BP 2017 Update and Lessons Learned from Participating Practices
- Latest Insights into Hypertension Management
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Blood Pressure Management: Next Steps
- 2017 Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Advances in Hypertension including 2017 Guidelines
- State of the Art Cardiovascular Care (2018)
Expand your professional knowledge with online education from your home or office with our web-based activities.
- Register for live CME/CE activities
- Take on-demand CME/CE activities
- Claim CME/CE for every AHA conference
AHA Guidelines On-The-Go Mobile AppAccess the 2020 AHA/ACC Guideline for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and other guidelines on your mobile device anytime, anywhere! Download our free mobile app today and enjoy the benefits of staying up-to-date no matter where you are. Actionable at the point of care, users will be able to retrieve relevant pieces of content while also having access to additional support detail and evidence.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses