Critical and Emergency Care
Get research that illuminates emergency care issues.
Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in the Therapy of Cardiogenic Shock: Primary Results From the Multicenter, Randomized ECMO-CS Trial
Petr Ostadal, Na Homolce Hosp, Prague, Czech Republic
- ECMO-CS trial data summary slide (PPTX)
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT02301819
- AHA Press release: Early use of ECMO devices did not improve outcomes in people with cardiogenic shock
Science News for Scientific Sessions 2022
The 3CPR Council’s areas of focus encompass integrated cardiopulmonary physiology, critical care, emergency cardiovascular care, and CPR. The council takes a bench-to-bedside and community approach to clinical care, research, and basic science. Pulmonary hypertension and regulation of pulmonary circulation have been topics of ongoing attention.
The CVSN Council accelerates the discovery, interpretation, and application of science to enhance cardiovascular health and treat cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The council helps develop scientific statements and advisories, guide professional education activities, provide scientific expertise, conduct research, translate findings, and promote evidence-based practices in clinical settings.
Results PIONEER HF
Eric J. Velazquez, MD summarizes the results of PIONEER HF, which he presented during Scientific Sessions 2018.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses