The AHA/ASA Scientific Councils' awards acknowledge significant achievements in cardiovascular diseases and stroke, ranging from basic research to service to the councils and the association. These awards recognize the achievements of researchers, scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health professionals throughout their careers. They also provide opportunities for financial rewards and funding to attend AHA scientific meetings.
The Stroke Council proudly sponsors numerous awards associated with AHA meetings and student scholarships, each of which honors researchers, early career investigators or medical students. Please click on an award link for more information, including eligibility criteria and application instructions.
Awards presented at the International Stroke Conference
- William E. Feinberg Award for Excellence in Clinical Stroke
- Thomas Willis Lecture
- David G Sherman Lecture
- Outstanding Stroke Research Mentor Award
- Stroke Distinguished Achievement Award
Please note that you must be a Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA) to be eligible for these awards.
Abstract-Based Awards presented at the International Stroke Conference
- Junior Investigator Travel Grants
- Mordecai Y.T. Globus Early Investigator Award
- Robert G. Siekert New Investigator Award
- Stroke Basic Science Award
- Stroke Care in Emergency Medicine Award
- Stroke Rehab and Recovery Travel Award
- Vascular Cognitive Impairment Award
- Stroke Minority Travel Grant
All abstracts must be submitted through the ISC online abstract submission site first, separate from the award submission site for this award. To submit your abstract to the International Stroke Conference, go to strokeconference.org/submitscience.
After you have submitted your abstract, award applications for the Stroke Minority Travel Grant should then be submitted though the Council Awards System. Hard copies of any part of the application cannot be accepted.