Submit Science - International Stroke Conference 2021
Watch this space for links and information.
Late-Breaking Science and Ongoing Clinical Trials abstract submission deadline extended
New Deadline: Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020, 11:59 p.m. CT
tPA. Endovascular Trials. MISTIE 3 Trial. Will your science be the next big thing to come out of the ISC?
Your science could change the stroke and brain health landscape. Be a trailblazer and submit your abstract now for the International Stroke Conference 2021.
Late-Breaking Science and Ongoing Clinical Trials Abstract Submission Deadline:
New Date! Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm CDT.
New this year
- Will be presented virtually
- Gain a greater overall reach for your science with a larger audience
- Grow your network and discuss your findings with the audience using live chat
- Can incorporate video clips, animations, 3D models, audio presentations and more!
We have multiple new abstract categories this year including:
- Brain Health
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Translational Basic Science
We welcome abstracts from all areas of the stroke and brain health medical fields.
- You will need your AHA login to submit abstracts. | Forgot your AHA login information?
- Submission fees — Member: $45 (USD) | Nonmember: $95 (USD)
Please be sure to login to the submission site using your correct AHA Member account information in order to receive the Member rate.
- Not a member? Become a member and enjoy member pricing!
- Please note that there is approximately a 30-minute processing time before the submission site recognizes your Membership. Once you have purchased your Membership, please close completely out of your browser, wait 30 minutes to reopen the submission site in a new browser, and login again to see the Member pricing.
Tips, Guidelines and Categories
Late-Breaking and Ongoing Clinical Trials:
What Can the World's Premier Stroke Meeting Offer Your Science?
The excitement has already begun. ISC delivers the very best in cerebrovascular disease and brain health science – from the most basic research to patient-based studies to large clinical trials. The science covers a vast array of topics in 17 categories, including emergency medicine, diagnosis, interventional treatments, nursing and rehabilitation. Submit your best science to the International Stroke Conference 2021 and impact the stroke and brain health world.
Increase Your Global Reach
Reach a global audience by presenting your science at the ASA's International Stroke Conference, the most influential and impactful cerebrovascular disease conference in the world. In 2020, ISC received:
- 2.95 billion impressions with 4,620 total news stories published by national, local, and international media including AHA News syndicated stories and audio news releases.
- Consumer-focused social media had 9,700 mentions with 88.7 million reached.
- The audio news release aired on 1,223 stations with more than 72 million listeners.
- ISC Awards: AHA Members – ISC Abstract Submission offers you the opportunity to apply for ISC awards, including awards specifically for Students, Trainees, and Early Career Professionals. At least 15 Junior Investigator travel grants will be offered this year Pre-Con III: HEADS-UP offers the opportunity for Students, Trainees, and Early Career Professionals to apply for Early Stage Investigator Travel Grants.
- Publication: Accepted ISC, HEADS-UP, and Stroke Nursing Symposium 2021 abstracts will be published online in AHA’s Stroke journal website (top-ranked for Impact Factor). The top 20 scoring ISC abstracts will be invited to submit a manuscript to the Stroke journal for expedited peer-review and publication based on their abstract. (Note: Late-Breaking Science abstracts and Ongoing Clinical Trial abstracts will not be published in the Stroke journal.)
In order to encourage a broad range of science and speakers, international authors and junior authors are strongly encouraged to submit abstracts for presentation.
Abstract Submission - Technical Issues:
- Email OASIS support
- Telephone: (217) 398-1792 (Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time)
Reference that you are submitting an abstract for the AHA's International Stroke Conference.
Abstracts and presentations are embargoed for release at date and time of presentation or time of AHA news event. Written embargoed information cannot be shared with anyone but one-on-one embargoed media interviews can be conducted as long as the reporter agrees to abide by the embargo policy. Failure to honor embargo policies will result in the abstract being withdrawn and barred from presentation. View the complete AHA/ASA General Embargo Policies.