Emerging Scientist Award for Women
The Emerging Scientist Award for Women, one of the awards sponsored by the Women’s Leadership Committee of the ATVB Council, helps recruit and retain women in the field of arteriosclerosis, thrombosis and vascular biology by recognizing excellent research conducted by women.
To qualify for this Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine award you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 25, 2021 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with this Council.
- June 28, 2021, 6 p.m. Central Time – Deadline to submit your science to Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine 2021 and to apply for this award.
- The work covered by the abstract must not have been published at the time of abstract submission or presented at a national meeting or world congress before September 22, 2021.
How To Apply
Visit the Emerging Scientist Award for Women page for details on how to apply.
Past Emerging Scientist Award for Women Recipients
- 2020 Taliha Nadeem, PhD
- 2019 Cong-Lin Liu, MD, PhD
- 2019 Haiyan Chu, PhD
- 2018 Jevgenia Zilberman-Rudenko, BS
- 2017 Carrie Wiese, BS
- 2016 Amy C. Burke, BMSc
- 2015 Delphine Gomez, PhD
- 2014 Sarah Mueller
- 2013 Kimberly Martinod
- 2012 Alanna Strong, BS
- 2012 Catherine Martel, PhD
- 2011 Mahua Chakraborty, MS
- 2010 Praveena Thiagarajan, MD
- 2009 Amanda Doran, BA
- 2008 Katey Rayner, BS
- 2007 Anny Mulya, PhD
- 2006 Anne M. Curtis, PhD
- 2005 Ranasinghe Silva, PhD
- 2004 Shaila Bhat
- 2004 Kara Maxwell
ATVB Women's Leadership Committee Award for Outstanding Mentorship of Women
ATVB Women's Leadership Committee Award for Outstanding Mentorship of Women is sponsored by the Women’s Leadership Committee of the ATVB Council, and is presented annually to a member of the ATVB Council whose actions have demonstrated her/his exceptional service in the mentorship, support, advocacy, and/or sponsorship of women in the fields of arteriosclerosis, thrombosis and vascular biology.
Award nominations will reopen in January 2022.
How To Apply
Outstanding Mentorship of Women Award Recipients
- 2021 Ann Marie Schmidt, MD
- 2020 Murray Huff, PhD, FAHA
- 2019 Nancy R. Webb, PhD, FAHA
- 2018 Kathryn J. Moore, PhD, FAHA
- 2017 Kerry-Anne Rye, PhD, FAHA
- 2016 Muredach Reilly, MBBCH, MSCE, FAHA
- 2015 Catherine C. "Lynn" Hedrick, PhD FAHA
- 2014 Coleen A. McNamara, MD
- 2013 Larry Rudel PhD, FAHA
- 2012 Lisa A. Cassis, PhD
- 2011 Rama Natarajan, PhD, FAHA
- 2010 Alan Daugherty, PhD, DSc, FAHA
- 2009 Martha Cathcart, PhD, FAHA
- 2008 Alice H. Lichtenstein, DSc, FAHA
- 2007 Judith A. Berliner, PhD, FAHA
- 2006 Edward F. Plow, PhD, FAHA
- 2005 Carole L. Banka, PhD, FAHA
- 2004 Linda K. Curtiss, PhD, FAHA
- 2003 Elizabeth G. Nabel, MD, FAHA
- 2002 Mary Sorci-Thomas, PhD, FAHA
- 2001 Trudy M. Forte, PhD, FAHA