Apply by March 1, 2023!
This program provides unique opportunities for undergraduate students to develop research experience in brain health related to the cardiovascular system under guided mentorship from experts in the field who are AHA awardees. This is a 10-week summer research experience available to at least 2 students per year from racial / ethnic or LBGTQ+ groups under-represented in science. Interactive lecture series, both locally in Cleveland and over the internet through our partnering schools, are available, along with facilitated local interaction with other summer undergraduate researchers at Case Western Reserve University.
This program provides a $6,000 stipend to the student, as well as housing on Case Western Reserve University campus. Students are expected to travel to AHA's Scientific Sessions after their summer of research, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Nov. 11-13, 2023, with expenses covered by AHA and laboratory.
- Have expressed an interest in a healthcare- or medical research-related field.
- Be a full time undergraduate at the rising sophomore, junior or senior level.
- Show evidence of dedication to scholastic excellence.
- Be from an under-represented ethnic / racial or LBGTQ+ group in science.
- At the time of application, be a US citizen or a foreign national holding a student exchange or permanent resident visa, including F-1, H1, H1B, J1, PR, TC or TN visa.
Interested students should send their letter of interest no later than March 1, 2023 to Andrew A Pieper MD, PhD: [email protected].