The Council on Clinical Cardiology (CLCD) co-sponsors this popular two-day course with the American College of Cardiology and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
The course is held each fall at the ACC Heart House in Washington, DC. Dr. Valentin Fuster supervises the program, co-directed by Dr. Robert Bonow. Fellows in training from the across the United States are invited, with no fee for registration.
The proceedings of the first course was published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology in 2005 (Vol 46(7), supplement A), with transcripts of interviews and question-answer sessions with the invited faculty written in a conversational format where each affords his or her unique insight.
Downloadable PDFs of the presentations from the November 2007 course are available here:
- Fuster - My Future in Cardiovascular Medicine (PDF)
- Bonow - Fellow to Faculty Transition (PDF)
- Balke - Funding Opportunities for New Investigators (PDF)
- Balke - How to Write a Grant (PDF)
- Hajjar - Choosing a Research Project and Mentor (PDF)
- Cain - Careers in Electrophysiology Research (PDF)
- Dokainish - Careers for International Medical Graduates (PDF)
- Fayad - Careers in Imaging Research
- Fuster - Careers in Clinical Investigation (PDF)
- Harrington - Careers in Clinical Trials and Epidemiology (PDF)
- O'Donnell - Careers in Genomics and Proteomics (PDF)
- Walsh - Careers in Basic Cardiovascular Research (PDF)
Want to get involved?
The American Heart Association depends on the time and talent of volunteers to help us create a healthier world, free of heart disease and stroke.