Scientific Sessions: November 5–7
Chicago, Illinois + Virtual
Scientific Sessions is a comprehensive national meeting of cardiac and vascular diseases. Find out more about the Early Career Day programming at Scientific Sessions.
May 10–12, 2023
Boston Marriott Copley Place | Boston, Massachusetts
The Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions is the annual meeting of the ATVB and PVD Councils with top tier vascular research and special sessions aimed to foster the success of early career members. The meeting immediately follows the SVS Research Initiatives conference.
The ATVB Early Career Committee hosts three yearly webinars in September, January, and March. Details about topics and registration will be emailed to Council members and available on social media (@ATVBEarlyCareer).
- “’Alternative’ Careers for Ph.Ds.” – January 2023
- “Navigating Personalities and Conflicts in the Lab Work Environment” September 2022
- “CV/Cover Letter Do’s and Don’t” – March 2022
- “Science New Year’s Resolutions – Scientific Agenda and Time Management” – January 2023
- “How to be a Mentee in a post-COVID World” – Summer 2021
Other Meetings of Special Interest
- Gordon Research Conferences
Gordon Research Conferences includes presentations of emerging science, typically in an informal atmosphere for close collegial discussions and cooperation.
- SVS Vascular Research Initiatives Conference
Vascular Research Initiatives Conference (VRIC) is the annual basic science meeting of the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) emphasizing translational research into peripheral vascular disease and the research of junior vascular biologists. Held immediately before the Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions.
- North American Vascular Biology Organization (NAVBO)
- Vasculata – A useful detailed overview of current topics in vascular biology for young investigators. Includes an optional hands-on workshop in experimental techniques of value to the vascular researcher.
- Vascular Biology – A meeting featuring two NAVBO Workshops and special sessions on therapeutics, resolution inflammation and signaling in inflammation.
- Keystone Conferences
Scientific conferences held in relatively informal locales to optimize information exchange and promote collaborative interactions. A subset of these each year is dedicated to cardiovascular diseases.