Brain Health: Stroke and Neuroscience
The Effect of Adapted Mindfulness Training in Participants With Elevated Office Blood Pressure: The Mindfulness-Based Blood Pressure Reduction (MB-BP) Randomized Clinical Trial
Eric B. Loucks | Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- ClinicalTrials ID: NCT03859076
- AHA Press Release: Mindfulness shows promise as an effective intervention to lower blood pressure
- Short Video: MB-BP Results in under 3 minutes
The Stroke Council is dedicated to advancing the science of stroke prevention, treatment and recovery through research and education. Members develop scientifically based publications, meetings, education, and training programs; they help translate stroke-related science into effective initiatives and products for the public, healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities and policymakers.
The CVSN Council accelerates the discovery, interpretation, and application of science to enhance cardiovascular health and treat cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The council helps develop scientific statements and advisories, guide professional education activities, provide scientific expertise, conduct research, translate findings, and promote evidence-based practices in clinical settings.
Norrina Allen, PhD, MPH, FAHA interviews Jiang He, MD, PhD, investigator for the Chinese Rural Hypertension Control Project, about the results of the study, which he presented during #AHA21.
American Heart Association Professional Members
Enjoy instant benefits!
- Free Online Access to AHA Scientific Journals
- Affiliate with our 16 Scientific Councils
- Discounts on Scientific Conference Registration and Online Courses