Evaluation and Management of Right-Sided Heart Failure
Published: April 12, 2018
- There are diverse causes of right-sided heart failure (RHF) with associated increased morbidity and mortality.
- This paper reviews those causes and the epidemiology of right ventricular dysfunction and the pathophysiology of acute and chronic RHF.
- This scientific statement provides guidance on the assessment and management of RHF.
AHA Scientific Statement: Evaluation and Management of Right sided Heart Failure
Larry Allen interviews Marvin Konstam and Michael Kiernan about this new AHA Scientific Statement.
- 2016 ACC/AHA/HFSA Focused Update on New Pharmacological Therapy for Heart Failure: An update of the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- Chronic Heart Failure in Congenital Heart Disease
- 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- Recommendations for the Use of Mechanical Circulatory Support: Device Strategies and Patient Selection
- Forecasting the Impact of Heart Failure in the United States