Call to Action for Cardiovascular Disease in Women: Epidemiology, Awareness, Access, and Delivery of Equitable Health Care
Published: May 09, 2022
- Addressing the pervasive gaps in knowledge and care delivery to reduce sex-based disparities and achieve equity is fundamental to the American Heart Association’s commitment to advancing cardiovascular health for all by 2024.
- Cardiovascular disease remains the most common cause of death among US women and men today as was true thirty years ago.
- To directly address the needs of women, the AHA launched Research Goes Red in collaboration with Verily’s Project Baseline. Research Goes Red is an online platform that positions women at the center of clinical research to accelerate scientific discovery by fostering active engagement.
- Top Things to Know: Call to Action for Cardiovascular Disease in Women: Epidemiology, Awareness, Access, and Delivery of Equitable Health Care
- AHA News: Report calls out gaps in women's heart disease research, care
- News Release: Investment, action urged to improve access, quality and equity in women’s heart health