2021 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations (CoSTR)
Published: November 11, 2021
Summary From the Basic Life Support; Advanced Life Support; Neonatal Life Support; Education, Implementation, and Teams; First Aid Task Forces; and the COVID-19 Working Group
- BLS new review of video-based dispatch systems and head-up CPR with updates to drowning reviews.
- ALS updated systematic review of early coronary angiography after ROSC, CPR and defibrillation in the prone patient.
- NLS systematic review of cord management at birth, devices for administering positive-pressure ventilation at birth, and family presence during neonatal resuscitation.
- EIT updated self-directed, digitally based BLS education and training in adults and children.
- First Aid systematic reviews of duration of cooling with water for thermal burns, exertion-related dehydration and rehydration, and pediatric tourniquet use by first aid providers.
- Covid-19 infection risk to rescuers from patients in cardiac arrest.