For policy and procedural questions, contact the AHA at firstname.lastname@example.org (include the award number on the subject line)
or call (214) 360-6107, option 2. Find the Awards Coordinator who manages your state.
• May I rebudget funds?
• I wish to replace personnel on my grant.
• May I request a no-cost extension?
• I need to take a leave of absence.
• When is my next progress report or expenditure report due?
For login or technical help, contact PCsupport@altum.com
or (800) 875-2562 (toll-free U.S. and Canada) or +1 (703) 964-5840 (direct dial international)
• I cannot access my ProposalCentral account.
• I cannot find my award record.
• I get an error message when I upload a report.
• I need to update my institution and contact information but am unsure how.
• It seems that I have more than one login for ProposalCentral. Can I merge them?
2022 AHA Holidays
AHA offices will be closed on the following days. Inquiries will be answered as quickly as possible upon reopening.
|Jan. 17||Sept. 5|
|May 27 - 30||Nov. 24 & 25|
|July 1 & 4||Dec. 26 - Jan. 2|
Award Policy Documents
- Policies Governing All Research Awards (PDF)
- Award Agreement Terms and Conditions (PDF)
Review the AHA Award Agreement Terms & Conditions here. AHA has a practice of not modifying the Award Agreement Terms & Conditions due to the excessive administrative burden.
- Recent Funding Success Rates
- The Heart of Communicating Science (online course)
- The Heart of Team Science (online course)
- How to Talk About Your AHA-Funded Research (video)
- Mission, Vision and the 12 Essential Elements Guiding Our Research Program
- How an AHA Research Award is Given
- Research Standards
- Types of Research
- Volunteer Structure
Past Program Descriptions
Select the award activation year for a complete list of programs.
After a deadline has passed and awards have been announced, program descriptions are maintained here. Awardees and institutional/fiscal officers may reference these for budget purposes for the duration of the award.
Institutional Officers: Manage awards through the AHA's online system, ProposalCentral.
Your AHA Research Funds Can Enhance Your Career
The AHA continually enhances and refines its peer review process to identify and fund the most meritorious research projects that support our mission: To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Peer Review Advantage
Dr. Michael Criqui talks about how peer review service can enhance your career success.