The Council on Lifelong Congenital Heart Disease and Heart Health in the Young (Young Hearts) Meritorious Achievement Award, presented annually at the AHA Scientific Sessions, recognizes a person whose achievements have made a significant impact in the field of congenital heart disease and heart health in the young and have helped to further the mission of the council. The nominee must hold a rank of associate or full professor or equivalent.
The prize includes an engraved plaque to be presented at the Young Hearts Annual Council Reception at Scientific Sessions, a $1,000 honorarium, and travel expenses to Scientific Sessions this November.
Suggested nominees for the Meritorious Achievement Award should be presented to the Young Hearts Leadership Committee.
Current members of the Young Hearts Leadership Committee are not eligible to be nominated for the award.
- 2020 William T. Mahle, MD, FAHA
- 2019 Michael Gewitz, MD, FAHA
- 2018 Craig Sable, MD, FAHA
- 2017 Peter Lang, MD
- 2016 Anne Murphy, MD
- 2015 Gail D. Pearson, MD, ScD, FACC, FAHA
- 2014 D. Woodrow Benson, MD, PhD
- 2013 David Sahn, MD, FAHA
- 2012 David L. Wessel, MD
- 2011 Stephen Daniels, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2010 Jeffrey A. Towbin, MD, FAHA
- 2009 Jane Newburger, MD, FAHA
- 2008 Amnon Rosenthal, MD
- 2007 Lynn Mahony, MD, FAHA
- 2006 James Moller, MD, FAHA
- 2005 Gerald Berenson, MD