To qualify for this award, you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 1, 2022 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with this Council.
- June 3, 2022, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for this award.
This program recognizes a mid-career investigator active in hypertension or cardiovascular research. Candidates include PhDs and/or MDs who are still within 5-20 years after their first faculty appointment, as of the award application date.
A winner, selected by the Council on Hypertension Awards Committee, will be chosen to present a lecture at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
- 2022 Justin L. Grobe, PhD, FAHA
- 2021 Jennifer Pluznick, PhD
- 2020 Adam C. Straub, PhD
- 2019 Daniela Carnevale, PhD, FAHA
- 2018 Jennifer C. Sullivan, PhD, FAHA
- 2017 Alexander Staruschenko, PhD, FAHA
- 2016 Alejandro Chade MD, FAHA
- 2015 Kamal Rahmouni, PhD, FAHA
- 2014 Iris Z. Jaffe, BA, MD, PhD
- 2013 Jens Titze, MD
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- A full Curriculum vitae, including all publications (abstracts not necessary)
- Letter of nomination on behalf of the candidate that outlines why the candidate is worthy of recognition. This may include the candidate’s accomplishments in the field of cardiovascular disease as it relates to kidney failure, his or her volunteer activities with the AHA (affiliate and/or national level), teaching and mentoring activities, or a combination of these.
- Please note: Members of the Council on Kidney on Cardiovascular Disease Awards Committee are not eligible to write letters of support.
Visit the Council Awards Application System to complete a nomination.
A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile, please visit Professional Heart Daily to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
The award will be presented at Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive:
- $1,000 honorarium
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary tickets to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to Scientific Sessions
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the airport
- Meal reimbursement up to $70