Council on Hypertension Mid-Career Award for Research Excellence
Sponsored by the Council on Hypertension
To qualify for this Hypertension Scientific Sessions award, sponsored by the Council on Hypertension, you must meet the following deadlines:
- May 31, 2023 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with the Council on Hypertension.
- June 7, 2023, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for awards requiring submission in the Council Awards Application System.
This program recognizes a mid-career investigator active in hypertension or cardiovascular research. Candidates include PhDs and/or MDs who are still within 5–20 years after their first faculty appointment, as of the award application date.
A winner, selected by the Council on Hypertension (HTN) Awards Committee, will be chosen to present a lecture at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
- 2022 Justin L. Grobe, PhD, FAHA
- 2021 Jennifer Pluznick, PhD
- 2020 Adam C. Straub, PhD
- 2019 Daniela Carnevale, PhD, FAHA
- 2018 Jennifer C. Sullivan, PhD, FAHA
- 2017 Alexander Staruschenko, PhD, FAHA
- 2016 Alejandro Chade MD, FAHA
- 2015 Kamal Rahmouni, PhD, FAHA
- 2014 Iris Z. Jaffe, BA, MD, PhD
- 2013 Jens Titze, MD
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted. Please follow instructions for ProposalCentral, the new Council Awards platform.
Apply Now for the Hypertension Scientific Sessions Mid-Career Achievement Awards and Lectures and select the KCVD Mid-Career Achievement Award from the award drop down list.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- A full Curriculum vitae, including all publications (abstracts not necessary)
- A signed letter of nomination from the sponsor and one supporting letter. The letters should outline why the candidate is worthy of recognition. This may include the candidate’s accomplishments in the field of cardiovascular disease as it relates to kidney failure, his or her volunteer activities with the AHA (affiliate and/or national level), teaching and mentoring activities, or a combination of these.
Please note: Members of the Council on Kidney on Cardiovascular Disease Awards Committee are not eligible to write letters of support.
The award will be presented at Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
The honoree will also receive:
- $1,000 honorarium
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- One complimentary ticket to the Council Dinner
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare up to $1,200 at the 21-day advance purchase rate to and from the awardee’s home airport to the conference
- Hotel reimbursement (room + tax) for one night at the conference rate
- Ground transportation to and from the awardee’s home airport to the conference
- Meal reimbursement up to $70 (alcohol excluded)
- For rules and regulations for submitting abstracts to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions, visit 2023 Abstract Submission Guidelines (PDF)
- Join or renew as an AHA Professional Member
- Submit your application at Council Awards System
- Awards: [email protected]
- Member Services: [email protected]
- Password/Login: [email protected]
- Abstract Submission: [email protected]
AHA Professional Members are Difference Makers
Hypertension Scientific Sessions
September 7-10, 2023
Sheraton Boston Hotel | Boston, Massachusetts