To qualify for Hypertension Scientific Sessions awards you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 15, 2020, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020.
- June 16, 2020, 12 a.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for this award.
This program recognizes a mid-career investigator active in hypertension or cardiovascular research. Candidates include PhDs and/or MDs who are still within 5-20 years after their first faculty appointment, as of the award application date.
A winner, selected by the Council on Hypertension Awards Committee, will be chosen to present a lecture at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions.
2019 Daniela Carnevale, PhD, FAHA
2018 Jennifer C. Sullivan, PhD, FAHA
2017 Alexander Staruschenko, PhD, FAHA
2016 Alejandro Chade MD, FAHA
2015 Kamal Rahmouni, PhD, FAHA
2014 Iris Z. Jaffe, BA, MD, PhD
|2013 Jens Titze, MD|
- All applicants must be partners of the AHA at any level by the time of application submission. If you need to become an AHA/ Professional Partner, you should do so before submitting your abstract and award application materials. Join or renew today
- Candidates include PhDs and/or MDs who are still within 5-20 years after their first faculty appointment, as of the award application date.
- The Awards Committee will assess the candidates’ backgrounds, accomplishments and overall contributions to the field of hypertension.
How to Apply/Required Documents
Applications will be judged on the following criteria submitted through the Council Awards System.
- AHA membership at any level is required by the candidate by the time the award materials are submitted. A username and password set up through online registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, you may register as you enter the Application System by clicking "Sign Up" next to the Log In button on the sign-in page. AHA Professional Partners who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
- Curriculum Vitae, including bibliography.
- A letter of nomination and one additional letter of support from a Council on Hypertension partner detailing overall contributions of the applicant to hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- *A candidate may be nominated an unlimited number of times by different individuals in the same year.
The award will be presented at the Council on Hypertension Awards Luncheon at the conference. The awardee will receive the following:
- A plaque
- $1,000 honorarium
- Up to $1,200 travel reimbursement to AHA’s Hypertension Scientific Sessions
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
This is a four-day scientific program for clinical and basic researchers focusing on recent advances in hypertension research.