The Lewis K. Dahl Memorial Lecture was established in 1988 by the Council for High Blood Pressure Research (now known as the Council on Hypertension) in honor of Dr. Dahl’s pioneering work on the relations between salt, the kidney and hypertension, and for establishing a major genetically based experimental model of hypertension (Dahl salt-sensitive rat).
- 2020 Jennifer S. Pollock, PhD, FAHA, FAPS
- 2019 John D. Imig, PhD, FAHA
- 2018 Dominik N. Müller, PhD
- 2017 Satoru Eguchi, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2016 Tianxin Yang, MD, PhD, FAHA
- 2015 Bernardo Rodriguez-Iturbe, MD
- 2014 Bina Joe, PhD, FAHA
- 2013 David Pollock, PhD
- 2012 Stephanie Watts, PhD
- 2011 Jane Reckelhoff, PhD
- 2010 Brian Morris, DSc, PhD
- 2009 Christian Deschepper, MD
- 2008 Edward W. Inscho, PhD
- 2007 Debra Diz, PhD
- 2006 Christine Baylis, PhD
- 2005 Jeffrey Garvin, PhD
- 2004 Rhian M. Touyz, MD, PhD, MBBCH
- 2003 Pedro A. Jose, MD, PhD
- 2002 Joey Granger, PhD
- 2001 Leopoldo Raij, MD
- 2000 Christopher S. Wilcox, MD, PhD
- 1999 William B. Campbell, PhD
- 1998 Richard J. Roman, PhD
- 1997 L. Gabriel Navar, PhD
- 1996 Alberto Nasjletti, MD
- 1995 Celso E. Gomez-Sanchez, MD
- 1994 Haralambos Gavras, MD
- 1993 Suzanne Oparil, MD
- 1992 John E. Hall, MD
- 1991 Juan Carlos Romero, MD
- 1990 John H. Laragh, MD
- 1989 Ervin G. Erdos, MD
- 1988 Gerald F. DiBona, MD
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- Letter of nomination on behalf of the candidate that outlines why the candidate is worthy of recognition. This may include the candidate's accomplishments in the field of hypertension, his or her volunteer activities with the AHA (affiliate and/or national level), teaching and mentoring activities, or a combination of these.
- Curriculum vitae, including bibliography
Visit the Council Awards Application System to complete a nomination.
A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, please visit Professional Heart Daily to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
The honoree will present a lecture during the Hypertension Scientific Sessions and will be honored at the Award Luncheon.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- $1,000 Honorarium
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to the conference at the 21-day advance purchase rate
- One-night hotel accommodations at the conference rate
- Ground transportation expenses to attend the conference
- Up to $70 in meal reimbursement
- Two tickets to the Annual Hypertension Scientific Sessions Awards Banquet
AHA Professional Members are Difference Makers @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
This is a four-day scientific program for clinical and basic researchers focusing on recent advances in hypertension research.