To qualify for Hypertension Scientific Sessions awards you must meet the following deadlines:
- June 15, 2020, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020.
- June 16, 2020, 12 a.m. CDT – Deadline to apply for this award.
Hypertension 2020 Scientific Sessions, September 10–13, 2020, is now a virtual event. Award prizes related to travel, hotel accommodation and meals will not be provided this year.
The Lewis K. Dahl Memorial Lecture was established in 1988 by the Council for High Blood Pressure Research (now known as the Council on Hypertension) in honor of Dr. Dahl’s pioneering work on the relations between salt, the kidney and hypertension, and for establishing a major genetically based experimental model of hypertension (Dahl salt-sensitive rat).
|2019 John D. Imig, PhD, FAHA||2008 Edward W. Inscho, PhD||1997 L. Gabriel Navar, PhD|
|2018 Dominik N. Müller, PhD||2007 Debra Diz, PhD||1996 Alberto Nasjletti, MD|
|2017 Satoru Eguchi, MD, PhD, FAHA||2006 Christine Baylis, PhD||1995 Celso E. Gomez-Sanchez, MD|
|2016 Tianxin Yang, MD, PhD, FAHA||2005 Jeffrey Garvin, PhD||1994 Haralambos Gavras, MD|
|2015 Bernardo Rodriguez-Iturbe, MD||2004 Rhian M. Touyz, MD, PhD, MBBCH||1993 Suzanne Oparil, MD|
|2014 Bina Joe, PhD, FAHA||2003 Pedro A. Jose, MD, PhD||1992 John E. Hall, MD|
|2013 David Pollock, PhD||2002 Joey Granger, PhD||1991 Juan Carlos Romero, MD|
|2012 Stephanie Watts, PhD||2001 Leopoldo Raij, MD||1990 John H. Laragh, MD|
|2011 Jane Reckelhoff, PhD||2000 Christopher S. Wilcox, MD, PhD||1989 Ervin G. Erdos, MD|
|2010 Brian Morris, DSc, PhD||1999 William B. Campbell, PhD||1988 Gerald F. DiBona, MD|
|2009 Christian Deschepper, MD||1998 Richard J. Roman, PhD|
How to Make a Nomination/Required Documents
Electronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the nomination cannot be accepted.
The nomination file (submitted on the nominee’s behalf) should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- Letter of nomination on behalf of the candidate that outlines why the candidate is worthy of recognition. This may include the candidate's accomplishments in the field of hypertension, his or her volunteer activities with the AHA (affiliate and/or national level), teaching and mentoring activities, or a combination of these.
- Curriculum vitae and bibliography of the candidate
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System to complete a nomination.
A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, please visit Professional Heart Daily to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
The honoree will present a lecture during the Hypertension Scientific Sessions and will be honored at the Award Luncheon.
The honoree will also receive:
- Complimentary registration to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions
- $1,000 Honorarium
- Engraved plaque
- Round-trip coach airfare to the conference at the 21-day advance purchase rate
- One-night hotel accommodations at the conference rate
- Ground transportation expenses to attend the conference
- Up to $70 in meal reimbursement
- Two tickets to the Annual Hypertension Scientific Sessions Awards Banquet
American Heart Association Professional Partners @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
Renew or join as a professional partner today to make a difference.
AHA Hypertension Scientific Sessions @Model.Item.RenderHeadingSizeTag("h2")>
This is a four-day scientific program for clinical and basic researchers focusing on recent advances in hypertension research.