Abstracts and Awards - EPI|Lifestyle
Please visit each award page to view criteria and details for the following awards. Deadline to apply for awards requiring an abstract submission is October 12, 2022. All required materials must be submitted through the abstract submission site prior to the deadline. Incomplete award applications will not be considered.
- The Mark Bieber Award
- The Steven N. Blair Award for Excellence in Physical Activity Research
- The Scott Grundy Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research
- Award for Excellence in Research Addressing Cardiovascular Health Equity
- Lifestyle Early Investigator Travel Award
- Jeremiah and Rose Stamler Research Award for New Investigators
- Roger R. Williams Memorial Award for Genetic Epidemiology and the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis
- Sandra A. Daugherty Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Disease or Hypertension Epidemiology and Prevention
- Trudy Bush Fellowships for Cardiovascular Disease Research in Women’s Health
The Council on Epidemiology and Prevention offers multiple travel grants to early career EPI Council member applicants to cover eligible transportation and hotel costs to attend the EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions, as well as an EPI Mentoring Award that highlights the importance of mentoring in cardiovascular epidemiologic research.
- EPI Underrepresented Racial and Ethnic Groups Travel Grant
- EPI Early Career Travel Grant
- EPI Mentoring Award
Detailed instructions, eligibility requirements and award criteria for these awards may be located on the individual awards pages shown above. A username and password set up through online registration at Professional Heart Daily will be necessary to access the Council Awards Application System. Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA member identification numbers. Join or renew as an AHA Professional Member.
The AHA has moved to a single sign-on process for submitting abstracts and disclosures through our website, Professional Heart Daily.
- Abstract submitters must have a username and password on professional.heart.org to complete their abstract submission when submitting to any AHA scientific meeting.
- If you do not remember your Professional Heart Daily login information or need to update your personal profile, do not create a new account. Please reach out to AHA Customer Service for assistance:
- The AHA is now required to collect financial disclosures from all abstract submitting authors and co-authors.
- As the submitting author, please be prepared to provide all co-author emails.
- Co-authors without a complete disclosure will receive separate correspondence to submit this information.