- Transitions of care interventions and programs are designed to create a smooth, safe and efficient move from hospital to the next care setting.
- The complexities and barriers of heart failure management at the patient, hospital and healthcare levels are discussed in this statement and how they relate to transitions of care.
- This statement defines current transitions of care interventions and outcomes and explores the implications and recommendations for research and clinical practice to strengthen patient-centered outcomes.
At A Glance
Topics included in this statement:
- Overview and significance of heart failure on hospitalization and rehospitalization
- Patient characteristics as they relate to rehospitalization
- Components and timeframes of early discharge visits
- Analysis of transitions of care interventions
- How transitions of care programs can impact health outcomes
- Implications of transitions of care on research and clinical practice
- Clinical practice recommendations for transitions of care in heart failure