Routine Assessment and Promotion of Physical Activity in Healthcare Settings
Published: April 04, 2018
- Physical inactivity is a consistent public health problem and is associated with a high burden of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and other non-communicable chronic diseases (NCDs).
- This scientific statement reviews the evidence regarding the feasibility, validity and effectiveness of assessment and promotion of physical activity (PA) in healthcare settings for adult patients.
- This statement discusses the importance of healthcare providers assessing levels of physical activity with the goal of educational discussions about its importance to health.
- Commentary: Promoting Physical Activity in Routine Health Care: Time to Walk the Talk by Ambarish Pandey, MD, MSCS(1); Benjamin D Levine, MD(2)
- Top Things to Know: Routine Assessment and Promotion of Physical Activity in Healthcare Settings