Opioid Use and Its Relationship to Cardiovascular Disease and Brain Health
Published: August 19, 2021
- The misuse of opioids in the US continues to be an epidemic resulting in increased dependency and escalating drug overdoses leading to significant loss of life.
- Harmonization of approaches to opioid management should occur among federal agencies and across states.
- There is an urgent need for research to identify the most effective approach for safe opioid use in cardiovascular and stroke patients, and to reduce opioid-associated complications.
- Opioid-Associated Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Distinctive Clinical Features and Implications for Health Care and Public Responses
- Adult Advanced Life Support: 2020 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations
- Education, Implementation, and Teams: 2020 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations
- 2020 International Consensus on First Aid Science With Treatment Recommendations
- Call to Action: Rural Health