Management of Patients at Risk for and with Left Ventricular Thrombus
Published: September 15, 2022
- There is a paucity of information about how to manage patients at risk for or who have left ventricular (LV) thrombus.
- Eight key clinical management questions are addressed regarding LV Thrombus in this scientific statement.
- Despite important advances in reperfusion therapy for acute MI, along with pharmacological and device treatment advances for patients with cardiomyopathy with reduced LV ejection fraction, LV thrombus continues to be a not uncommon and a challenging medical condition.
- Commentary: The Challenge of Managing Left Ventricular Thrombus: Questions and Answers by Christopher B. Granger, MD
- Top Things to Know: Patients at Risk for and With Left Ventricular Thrombus
- 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- Guideline for the Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack
- Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke
- 2021 ACC/AHA/SCAI Guideline for Coronary Artery Revascularization
- Current Diagnostic and Treatment Strategies for Specific Dilated Cardiomyopathies