Knowledge Gaps in Cardiovascular Care of the Older Adult Population
Published: April 11, 2016
- Older populations (>75 years) carry the highest burden of cardiovascular (CV) related morbidity and mortality and despite this, the generalizability of clinical trials results to older populations is uncertain.
- Current Guidelines are unable to give evidence-based recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of older patients commonly seen in clinical practice.
- The purpose of this scientific statement is to elucidate the gaps in knowledge in clinical decision making not addressed in contemporary guidelines.
- Commentary: Closing the Generation Gap by Arshad Jahangir, MD, FAHA, FACC, FHRS
- Top Things to Know: Value of Primordial and Primary Prevention for CVD