Innovation to Create a Healthy and Sustainable Food System
Published: April 29, 2019
- The advisory describes innovative approaches to developing a healthy, sustainable food system and evidence for the associations between these approaches and positive changes in dietary behaviors and health.
- Innovations across the health system (at the policy, private sector, public health, medical, community, and individual levels) have encompassed new product innovations, reformulations, taxes, incentives, product placement, architecture, marketing and gaming. While these offer potential benefits, there is limited evidence linking them with health outcomes.
- The advisory explores opportunities to bridge the research gap through public- and private-sector partnerships that facilitate integration of strategies that affect marketing and product development
- Commentary: A Food Systems Perspective for Helping to Achieve AHA Dietary Goals by Christopher Gardner, PhD
- Top Things to Know: Innovation to Create a Healthy and Sustainable Food System
AHA’s Strategic Policy Agenda – Creating a Vision for the Future
News Release: Food system improvements could make it easier to eat healthier