Impact of Hypertension on Cognitive Function
Published: October 10, 2016
- Among vascular risk factors, chronic arterial hypertension is a major contributor to cognitive impairment.
- Hypertension is highly prevalent with an estimated 80 million US people having hypertension and about a billion people worldwide.
- This scientific statement was developed by a group of multidisciplinary experts who assessed the impact of hypertension on cognition.
- Commentary: Hypertension and Cognitive Function – It’s Not All in the Numbers by Larry B. Goldstein, MD, FAAN, FANA, FAHA
- Top Things to Know: Impact of Hypertension on Cognitive Function
- AHA News: AHA statement: high blood pressure linked to higher risk of cognitive impairment
- News Release: High blood pressure and brain health are linked