High Blood Pressure and Cerebral White Matter Lesion Progression in the General Population
Published: March 25, 2013
- White matter lesions have been shown to increase the risk of dementia and stroke.
- High blood pressure is an important factor in the development of small-vessel disease.
- Vascular Contributions to Cognitive Impairment and Dementia
- ACCF/AHA 2011 Expert Consensus Document on Hypertension in the Elderly
- Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of Stroke
- Guidelines for the Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack
- Resistant Hypertension: Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment