Evaluation and Management of Aortic Stenosis in Chronic Kidney Disease
Published: May 13, 2021
- Patients with a combination of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and aortic stenosis exhibit distinctive epidemiological and pathophysiological characteristics, presenting diagnostic and management challenges.
- This Scientific Statement evaluates the nuances and prognostic information provided by non-invasive cardiovascular imaging using echocardiography and advanced imaging techniques.
- This statement provides a critical review of the existing literature on clinical outcomes of surgical vs transcatheter aortic valve replacement in this high-risk population and guides clinical decision-making towards choice of aortic valve replacement and specific protheses.
- 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the Management of Patients with Valvular Heart Disease
- Cardiorenal Protection with the Newer Antidiabetic Agents in Patients With Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cardiorenal Syndrome: Classification, Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment Strategies
- Considerations for Reduction of Risk of Perioperative Stroke in Adult Patients Undergoing Cardiac and Thoracic Aortic Operations