Elucidating the Clinical Implications and Pathophysiology of Pulmonary Hypertension in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction: A Call to Action
Published: July 11, 2022
- This scientific statement clarifies key knowledge gaps associated with pulmonary hypertension (PH) due to heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF) and suggests specific scientific research priorities for addressing identified gaps.
- The management of PH-HFpEF is challenging because of the lack of proven PH therapies in the setting of HFpEF.
- This call to action encourages the scientific community to prioritize the study of PH-HFpEF, which requires collaboration, data sharing, and supportive clinical trial design.
- 2022 Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- Focused Update on New Pharmacological Therapy for Heart Failure and Management of Heart Failure
- Role of Biomarkers for the Prevention, Assessment, and Management of Heart Failure
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells for Cardiovascular Disease Modeling and Precision Medicine
- Contributory Risk and Management of Comorbidities in Chronic Heart Failure