Contributory Risk and Management of Comorbidities of Hypertension, Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, Hyperlipidemia, and Metabolic Syndrome in Chronic Heart Failure
Published: October 31, 2016
- Hypertension, obesity, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and metabolic syndrome are common comorbidities in heart failure (HF). This statement summarizes and provides guidance for managing these in association with HF.
- All of these are associated with the development of incident heart failure; however, the role of these in persons with chronic HF is unpredictable and management is challenging.
- This scientific statement explores these five comorbidities using an evidence-based approach and discusses how to manage them.
- 2016 Focused Update on New Pharmacological Therapy for Heart Failure: An Update of the 2013 Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- 2013 Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- Drugs That May Cause or Exacerbate Heart Failure
- Transitions of Care Heart Failure
- Forecasting the Impact of Heart Failure in the United States: