Cardiovascular Effects of Home Dialysis Therapies
Published: August 15, 2022
- Patients with end-stage kidney disease have a distinctly abnormal set of pathophysiologic characteristics and an elevated rate of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality.
- This scientific statement evaluates the emerging global trend in home dialysis adoption and summarizes the existing clinical benefits of home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis on cardiovascular risk factors and outcomes.
- This scientific statement provides a critical review of the existing practice gaps and strategies to accomplish the clinical goals.
- Commentary: Improving Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients Treated With Dialysis—Time to Go Home by Nisha Bansal, MD, MAS
- Top Things to Know: CV Effects of Home Dialysis Therapies