Cardio-Oncology: Vascular and Metabolic Perspective
Published: February 21, 2019
- Cardio-oncology, which focuses on the intersection of heart conditions in patients who have been treated for cancer, has developed as a new discipline within cardiovascular medicine.
- There are 16 million cancer survivors in the US currently, and cancer itself is a risk factor for cardiovascular (CV) disease and CV events.
- Vascular complications in cancer patients represent a new challenge for clinicians and a new frontier for research and investigation.
- Commentary: Vascular Toxicity in Cardio-Oncology: The Intersection of Cardiac and Cancer Care Widens by Eric H Yang, MD, FACC, FASE and Mirela Tuzovic, MD, Cardiovascular Fellow
- Top Things to Know: Cardio-Oncology: Vascular & Metabolic Perspective