- This statement acts as a resource on genetics and genomics for practitioners involved in the care of cardiovascular and stroke patients.
- While not exhaustive, an overview of the field is included, as well as references to additional educational materials.
- The document provides recommendations for basic genetics and genomics knowledge with which cardiovascular and stroke clinicians should be familiar.
At A Glance
Topics covered in this statement include:
- Basics of genetics and genomics
- Mendelian cardiovascular and stroke disorders
- Complex cardiovascular and stroke disorders
- Cardiovascular and stroke risk prediction
- Clinical, social, and ethical implications
- Educational resources