Anesthetic Care of the Pregnant Patient With Cardiovascular Disease
Published: February 13, 2023
- Cardiovascular disease is now the leading cause of maternal mortality in the United States.
- Comprehensive scientific statements from cardiology and obstetrics experts guide the management of cardio-obstetric patients. The contribution of the anesthesiologist to Pregnancy Heart Team is vital to safe peripartum care.
- This scientific statement proposes principles for anesthesiologists on how to approach caring for obstetric patients with cardiovascular diseases as part of the Pregnancy Heart Team.
- 2015 Guideline for the Management of Adult Patients with Supraventricular Tachycardia
- 2010 Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Thoracic Aortic Disease
- Considerations in Caring for Pregnant Patients
- Cardiac Arrest in Pregnancy
- Call to Action: Maternal Health and Saving Mothers