2020 AHA/ACC Key Data Elements and Definitions for Coronary Revascularization
Published: March 23, 2020
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US; coronary artery disease is the most common type of heart disease.
- The annual estimated cost of heart disease in the US is $218 billion with a substantial portion related to the cost of hospitalizations for interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- This report provides consensus-based key data elements and definitions for databases capturing information about coronary revascularization.
- 2013 ACCF/AHA Key Data Elements and Definitions for Measuring the Clinical Management and Outcomes of Patients With Acute Coronary Syndromes and Coronary Artery Disease
- 2014 ACC/AHA Key Data Elements and Definitions for Cardiovascular Endpoint Events in Clinical Trials
- 2017 Hypertension Clinical Guidelines
- 2018 Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol