Sponsored by the AHA Council on Hypertension, AHA Council on Kidney Disease in Cardiovascular Disease, and the American Foundation for Hypertension Research and Education
To qualify for this Hypertension Scientific Sessions award you must meet the following deadlines:
- May 30, 2020 – Deadline to have an active AHA membership with this Council.
- June 15, 2020, 6 p.m. CDT – Deadline to submit your science to Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020 and to apply for this award.
The American Foundation of Hypertension Research and Education (AFHRE) is sponsoring travel grants to the American Heart Association’s Hypertension 2020 Scientific Sessions sponsored by the Council on Hypertension and Council on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease to support minority early career investigators and students to attend these scientific sessions. Increased minority participation at AHA scientific conferences is vital to address hypertension and kidney related health disparities.
Applications will be judged primarily based on the scientific ranking of the candidate's abstract. Only abstracts selected for presentation at the Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2020 will be eligible for consideration for this travel grant.
How to Apply/Required Documents
Submit a scientific abstract to the Hypertension Scientific Sessions as well as all supporting award documentation via the conference's abstract submission site by the deadline.
The following items must be submitted for consideration for this travel grant:
- A brief letter of recommendation by a mentor, section chief or department chair verifying the candidates eligibility including verification that he or she is part of a minority group as defined by the NIH and identification of the candidate's specific minority status.
- Curriculum vitae, including biography.
AHA membership at any level is required by the candidate by the time the award materials are submitted.
All abstracts and application materials must be received through the Hypertension Scientific Sessions abstract submitter. Visit Hypertension 2020 Scientific Sessions for submission info.
- Awardees will be notified at the time of abstract acceptance notices. AFHRE will award up to 10 recipients $1,200 each to cover eligible transportation and hotel costs to attend the Scientific Sessions. Conference registration costs will be waived by the AHA. Grants will be issued after the conference upon submission of your financial forms to the AHA.
- Awardees must be the presenting author and attend the meeting to receive the award.
AHA Conference Manager