The scientific councils’ Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have made major contributions to the affairs of the Stroke Council over a continuing period, and who have made substantial professional contributions to the field represented by the council. The latter could be:
- Contributions to new knowledge in the field
- Contributions to teaching and/or clinical care in the field
- Professional leadership in national or international organizations
The honoree should be a present or past member of a scientific council of the American Heart Association.
The Stroke Distinguished Achievement Award may be presented every three years during the Stroke Business Meeting and Awards Dinner at the American Heart Association's International Stroke Conference.
Suggested nominees for the Distinguished Achievement Award should be presented to the Stroke Leadership Committee.
The following is a list of Stroke Distinguished Achievement Award honorees
- 2016 Eric D Peterson MD, MPH, FAHA
- 2014 Mark Andrew Hlatky, MD
- 2010 Harlan Krumholz, MD, FAHA
March 17-19, 2021
Now a fully virtual experience!