To qualify for this EPI|Lifestyle Scientific Sessions award, you must meet the following deadlines.
- August 9, 2023 – Applications open
- Deadline: October 25, 2023, 6 p.m. CDT – Applications are accepted only through the abstract submission process.
This award is named for Dr. Steven N. Blair in appreciation of his outstanding career as a clinical researcher working in the areas of exercise, physical activity and cardiovascular health. The award recognizes a highly meritorious abstract presentation in this field and stimulates excellence in research by investigators.
The awardee will be selected by the council's Program Committee. Selection will be based on the scientific merit, quality and originality of the abstract. The winning abstract will be the one (among the applicants) achieving the highest average score of all abstracts submitted to the category of physical activity. The name of the winner will be announced during the conference. The awardee will receive a cash prize of $500 and a certificate.
- All applicants must be members of the AHA.
- The applicant must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
- The work may not have been presented or published in any form.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the joint EPI/Lifestyle conference.
How to Apply
- Submit an abstract to the category of Physical Activity/Fitness by October 25, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. (CDT).
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Upload your curriculum vitae as instructed during the submission process. Please note: CV is required and must be uploaded in the abstract submission site at the time of submission.
Epidemiology and Prevention | Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health Scientific Sessions
March 18–21, 2024
Hilton Chicago | Chicago, Illinois