Terms and Conditions - Scientific Sessions 2021
Registrants must be active AHA/ASA Professional Members at the time of registration to qualify for member registration rates for Scientific Sessions.
Registration Cancellation Policy
CDS must receive written notice by by the date on the Registration page, midnight EDT to receive a refund less $75 processing fee. Cancellation requests received after by the date on the Registration page, midnight EDT will not be refunded. Ticketed events are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued until 7–15 days post event.
Requirements for Discounted Rates
- Student/Trainee — Verification of status is required either by mailing to Convention Data Services in advance or by bringing verification letter onsite. Must still be in training as an undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral/clinical fellow.
- Nurse/Allied Health/Other — Must be Plus, Premium or General Professional Member of the AHA/ASA, and full-time practicing, licensed and/or certified nurse, laboratory technician, research technician or cardiovascular technologist.
Before receiving registration materials onsite, members and nonmembers in this category must provide proof of status with a current license or certificate, student ID or a letter written on official letterhead and signed by department head, mentor or supervisor. The full nonmember fee will be charged if verification is not provided.
Verification can be presented onsite or sent to:
Convention Data Services
Scientific Sessions 2013
107 Waterhouse Road
Bourne, MA 02532
- Early Career — Category is restricted to investigators, clinicians or health professionals who have completed training within the last four years. Also applies to physicians or scientists in their first four years after their first faculty appointment.
- Premium Emeritus Member — Category is limited to professional members 65 years or older who have requested and received emeritus status from the association before registering.
Registration Fee Policy
The American Heart Association will not refund registration fees paid if a person joins at one member level, registers accordingly and then later upgrades to another member level with a lower registration fee.
Guest registration is defined as a spouse or family member of a professional registrant or a guest of an exhibiting company. Guest registrants are only permitted in the Science & Technology Hall. If you wish to access the full meeting, full registration is required. All guests who register onsite must present a government-issued photo ID and be accompanied by the conference registrant before receiving a badge onsite.
Badges will NOT be mailed in advance. All registrants must plan accordingly in picking up your badge(s) onsite.
Lost Badges — There will be a $20 charge to reissue lost badges onsite – no exceptions.
AHA Policy Regarding Infants and Children
- Children over 6 months and under the age of 18 years are not allowed in the Science and Technology Hall.
- Infants under the age of 6 months are allowed in the Science and Technology Hall during exhibit hours only. Parents of infants must sign a liability waiver onsite that reflects permission has been given for the infant to be carried into the Science and Technology Hall.
- For reasons of insurance liability and safety, infants must be held at all times.
- Strollers and infant carriers are not allowed in the Science and Technology Hall.
- Because of limited seating capacity and the highly technical nature of the program, children are not allowed to attend presentations.
- For safety reasons, children are not permitted in the Poster Hall.