Programming - Hypertension Scientific Sessions 2021
What's new for 2021
We know this has been an exceptionally challenging year in so many ways. We want to recognize all the research and clinical work that has been performed during this difficult time. Therefore, attendees can expect that the program will be dedicated to important and innovative clinical topics in hypertension as well as research performed by our members and attendees. The latter will primarily include abstract presentations.
Expectations of the program
- COH and KCVD Awards Program
- Keynote Lecture
- Clinical science and primary care sessions
- Symposia on hot topics
- Basic and translational science weighted toward presentations derived from submitted abstracts
About This Meeting
Hypertension 2021 Scientific Sessions, focusing on recent advances in basic and clinical research on hypertension, is considered the premier scientific meeting on the subject in the world. A collaborative effort between the Council on Hypertension and the Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease, the science submitted to this conference continues to bring us the most up to date developments on our understanding of: the causes of hypertension; its relationship to stroke, cardiac disease and kidney dysfunction; and the most effective means for detecting, evaluating and treating high blood pressure across diverse populations.
The conference is designed to benefit research scientists, clinicians, and other healthcare professionals in the fields of hypertension research, cardiology, nephrology, endocrinology and related disciplines.
- Discuss changes to the AHA/ACC guidelines for the management of hypertension and their clinical implications.
- Describe opportunities to improve blood pressure measurement in the clinical setting to provide more accurate results.
- Identify immune and inflammatory mechanisms that contribute to the development of hypertension and hypertension-related end-organ damage and discuss the research and clinical implications.
- Educate participants about medical approaches for the management of comorbid obesity in patients with hypertension.
- Describe new and emerging strategies for treating resistant hypertension.
- Describe participants on the impact of value-based reimbursement on hypertension management and identify opportunities to improve its management.