Abstracts and Awards - BCVS Scientific Sessions 2021
2021 Abstract Submission Categories
- Cardiac Regeneration, Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering
- Cell Death Mechanisms, Apoptosis, Necrosis and Autophagy
- Clinical/Translational Research
- Excitation-Contraction Coupling
- Genetics and Genomics of Cardiovascular Disease
- Human Cellular Models of Disease
- Inflammation and the Cardiovascular System
- Ion Channels and Arrhythmias
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Fibrosis
- Mechanisms of cardiac remodeling, hypertrophy and failure
- Mitochondria and Metabolism
- Myocardial Ischemia, Oxidative Stress, and Cardioprotection
- RNA and Cellular Regulation
- Sarcomeric Function and Contractility
- Signal Transduction Pathways
- Systems Approach to Cardiovascular Biology
- Transcriptional and Epigenetic Regulation of Gene Expression
- COVID 19 in the Cardiovascular System
Download a printable Abstract Categories 2021 (PDF).
Application for the Outstanding Early Career Investigator Award may be made by submitting your abstract to BCVS 2021 Scientific Sessions.
NOTE: Abstract Submissions are now closed.
Outstanding Early Career Investigator Award
This award recognizes up to three finalists who will be selected based on the originality, quality and impact of the work presented in their abstract and curriculum vitae.
Important Message to Abstract Submitters
The AHA has moved to a single sign-on process for submitting abstracts and disclosures through our website, Professional Heart Daily.
- Abstract submitters must have a username and password on Professional Heart Daily to complete their abstract submission when submitting to any AHA scientific meeting.
- If you do not remember your Professional Heart Daily login information or need to update your personal profile, do not create a new account. Please reach out to AHA Customer Service for assistance:
AHA Customer Service
(888) 242-2453 (Inside U.S.)
(214) 570-5935 (Outside U.S.)
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT
- The AHA is now required to collect financial disclosures from all abstract submitting authors and co-authors.
- As the submitting author, please be prepared to provide all co-author emails.
- Co-authors without a complete disclosure will receive separate correspondence to submit this information.