Want to watch #BCVS20 but didn't sign up in time? Purchase access here:
If you already attended #BCVS20, you can re-watch for 90 days without purchasing additional access. Log in to PHD first for a faster experience.
Important Message to Abstract Submitters
Important: Abstract submission is now closed for 2020.
New for 2020: The AHA has moved to a single sign-on process for submitting abstracts and disclosures through our website, Professional Heart Daily.
- Abstract submitters must have a username and password on Professional Heart Daily to complete their abstract submission when submitting to any AHA scientific meeting.
- If you do not remember your Professional Heart Daily login information or need to update your personal profile, do not create a new account. Please reach out to AHA Customer Service for assistance:
AHA Customer Service
(888) 242-2453 (Inside U.S.)
(214) 570-5935 (Outside U.S.)
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CT
- The AHA is now required to collect financial disclosures from all abstract submitting authors and co-authors.
- As the submitting author, please be prepared to provide all co-author emails.
- Co-authors without a complete disclosure will receive separate correspondence to submit this information.
2020 Abstract Submission Categories
- Cardiac Regeneration, Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering
- Cell Death Mechanisms, Apoptosis, Necrosis and Autophagy
- Clinical/Translational Research
- Excitation-Contraction Coupling
- Genetics and Genomics of Cardiovascular Disease
- Human Cellular Models of Disease
- Inflammation and the Cardiovascular System
- Ion Channels and Arrhythmias
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Fibrosis and Remodeling
- Mitochondria and Metabolism
- Myocardial Ischemia, Oxidative Stress, and Cardioprotection
- RNA and Cellular Regulation
- Sarcomeric Function and Contractility
- Signal Transduction Pathways
- Systems Approach to Cardiovascular Biology
- Transcriptional and Epigenetic Regulation of Gene Expression
Download the complete Abstract Rules and Submission Guidelines (PDF).
Applications for these awards may be made by submitting abstracts for presentation at BCVS 2020 Scientific Sessions. NOTE: Applications are accepted through April 8, 2020 at 11:59pm CST.
Outstanding Early Career Investigator Award
This award recognizes up to three finalists who will be selected based on the originality, quality and impact of the work presented in their abstract and curriculum vitae.
Early Career Travel Award
Up to twenty competitive awards of $500 each will be presented to qualified new investigators; awardees will be selected based on the originality, quality, and the impact of the work presented in the abstracts.
Cardiovascular Outreach Award
The purpose of this award is to encourage US minority early career investigators and students to participate in the BCVS 2020 Scientific Sessions.
Early Career Poster Competition
The purpose of this competition is to encourage new investigators to participate in the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences Conference 2020 Scientific Sessions.