2022 AHA/ACC Key Data Elements and Definitions for Cardiovascular and Noncardiovascular Complications of COVID-19: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Data Standards
Circulation: CQO, June 23, 2022
Latest Covid Science from AHA Journals
Read past guidelines, statements, and more COVID-related articles in AHA's 13 professional Journals.
Resources for CPR Training and Resuscitation
AHA's Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) department developed these resources for healthcare professionals.
COVID-19 Science from AHA Meetings
Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Scientific Sessions
May 13–14, 2022
QCOR 2022 returned to the Washington, DC area with new insight. Abstracts were published in Circulation: CQO.
Epidemiology, Prevention, Lifestyle & Cardiometabolic Health Scientific Sessions
March 1-4, 2022
EPI|Lifestyle 2022 included an oral abstract session on COVID-19 Updates and Oral Abstract Presentations. See the science published in Circulation.
International Stroke Conference 2022
Feb. 9 –11, 2022
ISC22 featured COVID science in oral abstract presentations and poster presentations. See abstracts by session in Stroke.
Stay up-to-date with CDC Resources
Vaccines and Testing
Resources for vaccines, testing, and other COVID information for clinicians.
Part of AHA's COVID-19 Clinical Guidance Podcast Series
This 25-minute discussion touches on the unique coagulopathy caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, along with diagnosis and thrombo-prophylaxis techniques and treatment options. Featuring Naomi Hamburg, MD, MS, FACC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Boston University; and Mary Cushman, MD, MSc, FAHA, Professor of Medicine, University of Vermont. Read a transcript here (PDF).
Series Playlist: AHA COVID-19 Clinical Guidance including:
- Clinical Perspectives From China (CSC) | Transcript: Clinical Perspectives from China (PDF)
- Interim Guidance for Stroke Centers | Transcript: Interim Guidance for Stroke Centers (PDF)
- Women and Heart Disease | Transcript: Women and Heart Disease (PDF)
- High Risk Pregnancy | Transcript: High Risk Pregnancy (PDF)
- Drug Interactions on the QT Interval | Transcript: Drug Interactions on the QT Interval (PDF)
- Heart Failure | Transcript: Heart Failure (PDF)
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease | Transcript: Adult Congenital Heart Disease (PDF)
- Heart Disease | Transcript: Heart Disease (PDF)
- Diabetes | Transcript: Diabetes (PDF)
- Arrhythmia | Transcript: Arrhythmias (PDF)
- Critical Care Practice | Transcript: Critical Care Practice (PDF)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome | Transcript: Acute Coronary Syndromes (PDF)
- Thrombosis | Transcript: Thrombosis and COVID-19 (PDF)
- Vulnerable Populations and COVID-19 | Transcript: Vulnerable Populations and COVID-19 (PDF)
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease: Advice for Patients | Transcript coming soon
- COVID-19 Emergency Response – Lessons from China
- COVID-19 Impact on an Italian ICU | Transcript: COVID-19 Impact on an Italian ICU (PDF)
- COVID-19 implications in management of patients with T2D and CVD - a podcast from Know Diabetes by Heart
- CPR training through the COVID-19 pandemic | Transcript: CPR Training through the pandemic (PDF)
- Insights from King County/Seattle EMS Coronavirus Response | Transcript: King Co. Insights Part I (PDF)
- Update from King County/Seattle EMS on Response to COVID-19 Pandemic | Transcript: King Co. Insights Part II (PDF)
Lawrence Livermore National Labs/AHA COVID-19 Data Portal
This collaboration on the protein atlas developed through the AHA Center for Accelerated Discovery is being leveraged to help accelerate discovery of therapeutic antibodies or antiviral drugs for SARS-CoV-2.
This searchable data portal houses a wealth of data LLNL scientists have gathered from their ongoing COVID-19 molecular design projects, particularly the computer-based "virtual" screening of interactions with SARS-CoV-2 viral proteins for drug design purposes.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Coronavirus.gov (White House, CDC, FEMA)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- COVID-19 Discussion Forum for Professionals – Post questions, research, trends or anything you're seeing and discuss with your cardiovascular peers. Register and join.