Role of Biomarkers for the Prevention, Assessment, and Management of Heart Failure
Published: April 26, 2017
- The role of biomarkers in the management of heart failure (HF) is discussed in this AHA Scientific Statement.
- HF is a complex syndrome with diverse pathways and pathologic processes that can manifest in circulation as biomarkers.
- Many biomarkers are now clinically available that can provide diagnostic and prognostic information regarding HF.
- Current Diagnostic and Treatment Strategies for Specific Dilated Cardiomyopathies
- Contributory Risk and Management of Comorbidities of Hypertension, Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, Hyperlipidemia, and Metabolic Syndrome in Chronic Heart Failure
- Drugs That May Cause or Exacerbate Heart Failure
- 2016 Focused Update on New Pharmacological Therapy for Heart Failure: An Update of the 2013 Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure