2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
Published: April 01, 2022
- Guideline-directed medical therapy (GDMT) for heart failure (HF) with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) now includes 4 medication classes which include sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors (SGLT2i).
- Patients with advanced HF who wish to prolong survival should be referred to a team specialized in HF. A HF specialty team reviews HF management, assesses suitability for advanced HF therapies and uses palliative care including palliative inotropes where consistent with the patient’s goals of care.
- Recommendations are provided for select patients with heart failure and iron deficiency, anemia, hypertension, sleep disorders, type 2 diabetes, atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease and malignancy.
Quick Take Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
Writing Group Chair Paul Heidenreich, MD, MS and Vice Chair Biykem Bozkurt, MD, PhD, FAHA, announce the publication of the 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure.
- Top Things to Know: 2022 Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- NEW! CardioNerds Podcast Series: Decipher The HF Guidelines
- Executive Summary
- Guideline Slide Set (PDF)
- AHA Clinical Update Slide Set (PPTX)
- Editorial: The Updated Heart Failure Guidelines: Time for a Refresh
- AHA News: New heart failure guidelines expand focus on people at risk or showing early signs
- News Release: ACC, AHA, HFSA Issue Heart Failure Guideline
- Guideline Central: Heart Failure
- Guideline Central: Heart Failure Guidelines 2022 (Flipbook)
- AHA Clinical Update: 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure Slide Set
Presentation-ready PPT on clinical guidelines to use for your unique teaching and learning needs.
Download customizable AHA Clinical Update Slide Set (PPTX)